Phil Milner: Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karate club back in the early 70"s

4 posters

Go down

Karate club back in the early 70"s Empty Karate club back in the early 70"s

Post  David White Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:16 pm

I knew Phil really well back in the early to mid 70"s..got me to purple belt before I had to finish on bad health. Such a character. Used to love the little chats after the Sunday morning training session in the Lordens Pub. Any one remember those good old days ?
Dave

David White

Back to top Go down

Karate club back in the early 70"s Empty Welcome Dave!

Post  Admin Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:51 am

I was mid 80's, but I rarely trained with Phil, only on the many courses I attended. But you're absolutely right, he was a one-off! Deadly and disarming in more ways than one. He was a real gent and a true Master of his art. A truly great man.

Keep the memories coming!

Kind regards,

Ninj

Admin
Admin

https://philmilner.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Karate club back in the early 70"s Empty Re: Karate club back in the early 70"s

Post  kiddo Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:36 pm

Ahh the Lordens what a mad house, I remember going upstairs one Thursday night for training, Eric the landlord [ who always had 2 inches of fag ash hanging off the end of his cig, defying the laws of gravity] said you're the first, up the stairs opened the door all in darkness stepped inside to reach for the light switch when all hell broke loose, I was dragged in at had to fight for my life, the light went on and Phil, John Robinson an co were in hysterics, happy days , Kiddo

kiddo

Back to top Go down

Post  thornton Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:45 am

I was there once back in 1973 when Peter Suzukie held a training session (along with Phil) at the hotel. The usual: blood, sweat, spit, snot, screaming x 100 happened that day. Great memories, though.

thornton

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down