Phil Milner: Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamashiwara

3 posters

Go down

Tamashiwara Empty Tamashiwara

Post  josh johnson Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:25 am

Couple of photo's of Phil breaking 24 rooftiles with head butt (1970)
Regards Josh.Tamashiwara Head_b10Tamashiwara New-0910
josh johnson
josh johnson

http://www.wakefield-karate-college.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Tamashiwara Empty Tamashiwara

Post  Ninj Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:08 am

Hi Josh

I have a similar pic that Phil signed for me. I always remember hearing that, after doing such a demo, he had a splinter of tile lodged in his skull!

I remember my first time at trying Tamashiwara, it was in the late 80' at a demo with Arnie. We'd done the usual inch-thick board to please the crowd. I promptly went home afterwards to amaze my mum and then-girlfriend. They were the only ones home, so I went into my dad's shed scouring for suitable wood to show my strength at breaking things with my bare hands.

I found a perfect strip to do the job. The scene was set, they stood watching, eagerly. I placed the wood on two house bricks and let the tension build. With my 'coolest' expression, down went the gyakuzuki....

'Boing!!'...nothing.

Again...'Boing!!'...nothing.

After another two fruitless attempts, a red-faced Dave put the wood back after an un-impressed audience retired back inside.

Showed my dad the piece of wood later and it turned out to be an inch-thick piece of plywood. You've got all-on trying to break that with a sledgehammer! My breaking at demo days were over...

Ninj
Ninj
Ninj

http://www.freestyleuk.com

Back to top Go down

Tamashiwara Empty pic of Phil

Post  thornton Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:21 am

Brilliant photo.

When I was younger (so much younger than today) I remember being convinced that Phil had developed a square patch on his forehead with all the tile breaking. Trying to emulate this (like you do) I remember trying to harden my own head up by heading a hard football (many, many times) and then progressed on to breaking roof slates off old council houses rather that the thick tiles ahahahaha

thornton

Back to top Go down

Tamashiwara Empty Re: Tamashiwara

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down