Phil Milner: Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Budo Association

+3
Zemljic
Ninj
Daz Nugent
7 posters

Go down

International Budo Association Empty International Budo Association

Post  Daz Nugent Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi folks,

Does the IBA still exist in the UK as a structured organisation? It still exists in Europe, check out the following link: http://www.ju-jitsu-obala.si/IBA.html that includes a photo of Phil. That link also takes you to this one: http://www.ju-jitsu-obala.si/FOTOGRAFIJE/2008/FEBRUAR%202008/LOCANDINA.jpg which advertises an IBA event for March 2008.

Congratulations for a great website.

Cheers.

Dazzzzzzzzzz.

Daz Nugent

Back to top Go down

International Budo Association Empty IBA

Post  Ninj Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:55 am

Welcome Daz!

Yes, the IBA is still going strong, thanks to the President and Chief Instructor, Josh Johnson. It has many members in the UK and abroad including myself and the Hi Ryu Kan Karate club.

Keep the posts coming!

Cheers

Ninj
Ninj
Ninj

http://www.freestyleuk.com

Back to top Go down

International Budo Association Empty Thanks Dave

Post  Daz Nugent Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:20 pm

Cheers Dave - that's great, I'll contact Josh direct.

Dazzzzzzzzzz.

Daz Nugent

Back to top Go down

International Budo Association Empty IBA in Europe

Post  Zemljic Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:00 pm

Hello!

That is write. IBA is also expanding in Europe, but not under the leadership of Josh Johnson but under the leadership of Daniel BLANCHET, 10-Dan Ju jutsu HANSHI.

Member of ju-jitsu club OBALA from Slovenia!

Zemljic

Back to top Go down

International Budo Association Empty International Budo Association - Management

Post  AF Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:15 am

Hi to all -

In reply to the message from Zemljic about the IBA control in Europe, I would encourage any interested parties to look at the newly re-launched IBA website: www.IBA.eu.com

This gives an insight to the formation, development, hierarchy and control of the IBA since inception by the late Grandmaster Phil Milner. Phil Sensei was the original Chief Instructor, and this mantle was then passed to Arnie Bestwick Sensei. After Arnie passed away, Josh Johnson Sensei was unanimously elected to this post at an official IBA meeting held in Worksop on Sunday 5th October, 2008.

As part of the management structure, there are various European positions including Daniel Blanchet who is the European Director and Liaison Officer.

If anyone has any queries about the IBA, membership, or structure, I would be happy to answer these on behalf of Josh Sensei.

AF

Back to top Go down

International Budo Association Empty IBA in Europe

Post  Zemljic Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Hello my again!

And this is my reply to AF!

With all due respect to the master Josh Johnson, international director of the IBA. But abouth hiearhije action of the IBA is necessary to tell the whole truth and not just half.

Soke, Daniel BLANCHET HANSHI is the only one who has Milner gave menkyo kaidel 10. Dan JU JUTSU IBA (that even Johsnon knows) and also named him as SOKE.

It is thanks to the BLANCHET the IBA in the last 10 years developed a mass in Europe and the world. SOKE, Daniel BLANCHET was in 2002, the most prestigious international organizations, Head of FAMILIY Sokeship Grandmaster Conucil elected as a coach of the year and as a representative Soke of IBA.

Certainly not need to deny to others their contribution to the development of IBA, but suggest that SOKE Blanchet Daniel is placed on the top of hierarchy scale with the title Soke HANSHI 10 DAN JU-JUTSU.

I think it is important that on the memory of master Milner IBA combine the power and present public the whole truth. And that is the only way that IBA may become one of the the most prestigious budo organizations, on which Milner has worked all his life, and his successor Daniel Blanchet.

We suggest you regarding Daniel BLANCHET and IBA just typing his name into google finder, and you'll see that it is actually in the last 10 years of exceptional contribution to the development of this organization.

I suggest also that you put photo of Blanchet on the web, which was published once on the website of the wakefiled karate club.

With all due Buddha respect, DBV JU-JITSU OBALA.

Zemljic

Back to top Go down

International Budo Association Empty Mutual Respect

Post  AF Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:59 am

In respect to the late Grandmaster Phil Sensei, this is not the correct venue to be discussing the ongoing IBA formation.

We are all in agreement that we owe our status, skill and courtesy as fellow karateka to O-Sensei.

I fully appreciate the loyalty afforded to Daniel Blanchet Sensei (I know Daniel well and have trained with him on several occasions and also admire his skill). I am sure we will have the opportunity at a later venue and time to further our discussions about the IBA - for the betterment of an Association created by Phil Sensei to bring together, away from all the politics of many associations, traditionalists in the Martial Arts Community.

Yours in Budo.

AF

Back to top Go down

International Budo Association Empty Re: International Budo Association

Post  kiddo Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:02 pm

I wholeheartely agree with AF, this site is dedicated to the memory , teaching, anecdotes and photo's anyone one has either trained or knew Phil, any other business regarding the running of IBA can be debated elsewhere, so keep the stories and photo's coming and keep party politics off this site, Ken

kiddo

Back to top Go down

Post  Daz Nugent Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:36 pm

I agree. However this is quite an inetersting debate. If it is not to take place here where can it be debated?

Dazzzzz.

Daz Nugent

Back to top Go down

International Budo Association Empty The IBA

Post  Ninj Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:41 am

Dear Zemljic

Thank you for joining the forum, but please remember its purpose, to remember in either words or pictures the happy memories we all shared with our time with O' Sensei Milner. This site is not a political stage.

In terms of Daniel, I have much respect for him and have trained with him on many occasions and he holds the title of 'European Director'. Hanshi Josh Johnson was unanimously voted as the natural successor to my dear, beloved teacher and friend Arnie Bestwick.

Josh is a superb martial artist and above all, a true gentleman and we all wish him well in his role as the president and Chief Instructor of the IBA. Politics has done enough damage over the years to the Martial Arts. We all have a duty to promote the Martial Arts teaching all our students humility and respect. Respect is the key word, something that Sensei Milner taught everyone he knew. He was a one-off, a man like no other who touched countless people's lives. He truly was a special person, having known him and served him for many years was an honour and a pleasure. After passing away he left a huge void and it was down to Arnie and Josh that the IBA lived on and is the success it is today.

Yours in Budo

Dave
Ninj
Ninj

http://www.freestyleuk.com

Back to top Go down

International Budo Association Empty Reply.

Post  josh johnson Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:37 am

Dear Dave,
Just looked at the forum and your posting is well constructed and courteous as usual.
Hope that it puts everyone back on track in sending in photo's and anecdotes.
Just remember that I did invite everyone to send in info' and photo's as we were constructing the web site and the only one that came in for Daniel was from Mick Henshaw and that picture was included.
Last week I recieved a CD from Daniel with some photo's and they will be included on the web site at the next update.

Below is the paragraph from the MAY 2008 Newsletter issued to all I.B.A. Instructors.

3) Anyone having old Photos of Phil Sensei/I.B.A. To include on the web site, please either e-mail them as j-pegs or send them By post and I will scan them and let you have them back by return of post.
( No complaining when the web site is finished and your not in the gallery) if you don’t send the Info/Photo’s you Want included in the first place.

Best Regards, Josh.
josh johnson
josh johnson

http://www.wakefield-karate-college.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  AN Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:02 pm

(Sorry for reviving an old thread which does not seem to be being continued but I would like to add something)

Dear Zemljic,

After looking at the new IBA website, which by the way is also another great credit to the IBA, I would like to add to the replies from Ninj & AF.

This is indeed a forum to celebrate great memories and to also add credit to O'Sensei Milners great dedication to Martial arts and also to the dedication of his successors.

I was once a very loyal student of Hanshi Josh Johnson and there should be absolutely no doubt that he is an absolutely incredible Martial Artist and student of O'Sensei Milner. I would give anything to be able to re-join Hanshi Josh Johnson’s excellent Martial Arts School.

I still have so much respect for Hanshi Josh Johnson and this will never ever change, I would love to be able to return to train at his dojo under his fantastic tuition.

I knew O'Sensei Arnie Bestwick & Also had the Great Honour of meeting O'Sensei Milner, and I can't think of anyone who is more dedicated and more suited to the role of Chief Instructor of the IBA in their succession than Hanshi Josh Johnson.

My greatest respect goes out to all present members and officials of the IBA and of course to the Chief Instructor & President Hanshi Josh Johnson.

I miss been a part of this very special association and even more so now I see how it is evolving even more.

Thank you to you all.

Greatest respect.

Domo-Aragato

AN

AN

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down