Phil Milner: Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How times change...

Go down

How times change... Empty How times change...

Post  Ninj Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:24 pm

It is SO sad how time changes things, of course time has to move on and with it everything evolves, sometimes for the better, sometimes not so good. Just a week away now from my best friend and right hand man is emigrating to Oz.

Of course I wish him and his family well, but it us going to SUCH a heart wrench. We've been friends since he first set foot in Arnie's Dojo back in 1985 and in all that time we have never had a cross word. You take things for granted in life and I have done so with Dave Fletcher. But my friends, let me tell you that I truly wish I had told him 'Thank You' more often.

Dear Ken Witham converted some Videos to DVD for us that Oat Bestwick gave us just before Christmas and so very sad to see the dear friends who are no longer with, 'Barmy Bob' bless him, O' Sensei Milner and my own beloved friend and Sensei, Arnie Bestwick.

Dave kindly framed a picture of himself, me and Arnie just after he was awarded his 10th Dan by Josh and the IBA and Fletch received his 5th Dan. Now the only person who remains at the club is me. I have Shaun with me bit his work commitments make it difficult for him, so I suddenly feel like a 'rabbit in the headlights' I only hope I can find the resolve to continue. I know Arnie is watching along with Phil so better not mess up.

On behalf of myself and I'm sure I speak for all the forum members, may I wish my friend, my 'right arm' a safe and joyous future in Australia.

There will always be a place in the Dojo should Oz prove too hot.
Good luck old friend.

Yours in Budo

Ninj
(Dave)

Osu!

Last edited by Ninj on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:45 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors)
Ninj
Ninj

http://www.freestyleuk.com

Back to top Go down