Phil Milner: Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proud & Honoured

2 posters

Go down

Proud & Honoured Empty Proud & Honoured

Post  Ninj Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:13 am

Dear all

I was very proud last night at training, I had two great Martial Artists in our midst. Martyn Mulvey and none other than my dear departed O' Sensei's brother, John Bestwick. It was really quite eerie, but in a great way. The little mannerisms and his style of teaching were pure 'Arnie'. I really felt his spirit was alive and with us, as it always is. he will always live on in our hearts and minds.

To add to this surreal feeling was another honour, teaching O' Sensei Milner's grandson Liam. Suzanne had rung me the night before and asked if Liam could start back after a few years abscence. I couldn't believe how much he had grown and just how much he was the image of his grandfather!!

Welcome back Liam and many thanks to John and Martyn from our sister club, Honto-Shin of Chesterfield, for finding the time to come over and take us through the Kumites.

Oh and last but not least, thanks to 'Fletch' for being the friend he is and making the knocks and aches a pure joy.

Yours in Budo

Dave
Ninj
Ninj

http://www.freestyleuk.com

Back to top Go down

Proud & Honoured Empty Re: Proud & Honoured

Post  Dave Fletcher Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:59 pm

Gee, thanks for just remembering to put the last bit on, but "DITTO"!
Great to see and train with John and Martyn although i tried not looking for too long at Liam as he does have a slight resemblance to O'Sensei so the cold shivers, stutters, sweating, jump when you hear a door go, may once again have started, not to mention O'Sensei may be looking over him!
Well done Liam, keep up the good work,

See you Friday

Dave

Dave Fletcher

Back to top Go down