Phil Milner: Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome all Martial Artists

+3
Admin
kiddo
Ninj
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Welcome all Martial Artists - Page 2 Empty photos

Post  thornton Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:39 am

Morley,

Excellent! Keep em coming please - we'll never tire of seeing them.

Phil in a black gi. Memories: the reason I would always buy a black gi from the age of 12 onwards. Phil: the reason I would stay with the martial arts.

thornton

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Martial Artists - Page 2 Empty NEVER BIN FRIT.

Post  dean thompson Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:20 am

OOOOOSSA. Hi ning, fantastic thing your doing." Never back up " as phil would say.

dean thompson

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Martial Artists - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome all Martial Artists

Post  kiddo Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:45 am

just a trial and error, have'nt a clue what I'm doing. Kiddo

Last edited by kiddo on Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not worked)

kiddo

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Martial Artists - Page 2 Empty The Crawl

Post  kiddo Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:15 pm

Did anyone out there have the. misfortune? to go on the sponsored crawl Phil arranged I think for the Mormons,could be wrong, but they looked like them on the day. We were going to crawl on hands and knees from the centre of Worksop along the tow path of the canal to Retford approx 20 miles, it began with Phil having breeze blocks smashed on his chest whilst laying on a bed of nails,didn't see him again on the day [ obviously knew something we didn't ] off we went kitted out with miners knee pads, we were allowed to stand 5 mins in every hour, I was hampered with Pat having to keep stopping as his half bottles of whisky and vodka kept falling out of the jacket of his gi. As we turned a corner after a couple of miles I saw a railway bridge,how far now I asked the chap following marking the distance with a wheel, 2 miles he said, I looked up and propped against the bridge was Arnie Bestwick and his brother John waving sandwiches and I think it was pop, [ but knowing Arnie probably something stronger ] I remember thinking enough and stood up, the chap said you can't get up yet, who can't said I . The end of my crawl, my knees were sore for weeks after, though one person actually made it,ahh happy memories. Ken

kiddo

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Martial Artists - Page 2 Empty 1967 ?

Post  MORLEY Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:22 am

[img]Welcome all Martial Artists - Page 2 196710[/img]
Back Row
Phil - John Needham Doncaster - Unknown Chesterfield - Graham Morley Doncaster - Unknown Chesterfield - John Unwin Chesterfield
Front Row
Unknown Chesterfield - Kish ? Doncaster - Unknown Doncaster - Unknown Chesterfield
MORLEY
MORLEY

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Martial Artists - Page 2 Empty The Crawl

Post  Ninj Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:28 am

That sounds painful Ken, and yes, I think you're right, it would have been Stones bitter Arnie was drinking, would be my guess!!

Great pics by the way Morley, Phil looks a right cheeky swine bless him!!

Keep it all coming.

Ninj
Ninj
Ninj

http://www.freestyleuk.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Martial Artists - Page 2 Empty Re

Post  thornton Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:10 am

I don't remember 'the crawl' but I do remember Phil coming to Castleford saying that he was a little tired that night as the day before he had, along with other students, carried a telegraph pole for twenty miles in straight line up and down dale and over and through sewage farms etc

In this 'tired' state, Phil then proceeded to put us through 2,000 kicks in a line up (Phil doing them as well) and then fight every member of the 40 strong karate class followed by a barefoot run up a pit stack and back.

He was only 'a little tired'.

thornton

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Martial Artists - Page 2 Empty Everyone

Post  thornton Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:37 am

Hey,

Where's everyone gone? Lets hear some more 'Phil' memories and see some more of your photos.

Regards

thornton

Back to top Go down

Welcome all Martial Artists - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome all Martial Artists

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2