Phil Milner: Legend
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O' Sensei

2 posters

Go down

O' Sensei Empty O' Sensei

Post  Ninj Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:05 am

Dear Forum members...

And casual guests (by the way, please sign up!!)

Here is a wallpaper for your laptops/computers!

https://2img.net/h/i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr80/DaveSlaney/PhilWallpaper.jpg

Yours in Budo

Dave

Last edited by Ninj on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Text change)
Ninj
Ninj

http://www.freestyleuk.com

Back to top Go down

O' Sensei Empty Re: O' Sensei

Post  gazhutch Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:01 am

Great picture Ninj
I have saved it to my photos

Glad you liked the pictures from the course and that I put on my last post, and yes I am very proud of my lad, and how he trains. He is in no rush to grade, but just likes training, he does not like competitions really but I pushed him in.
While I have been injured I would not have managed to keep the classes without his help, but I don’t tell him.

I don’t get on this forum much but I think you have done a great job setting it up and running it.

In reply to your last post you put on to Josh Sensei about the course.
I agree with everything you say.

Josh as always had something about him that just commands respect, He as always been keen on pushing the traditional values of the martial arts, but at the same time he gives you the chance to express yourself and expand.

Don’t get me wrong if I have got a bit carried away he as soon put his foot down hard, so you know just where you are.
He just says it how it is.

I love the man and everything he stands for, and thank him for all his unseen hard work over the years and everything he as done for the ATKA & IBA, and hope he carries on in the post for many more years.

You seem a true gentleman of the martial arts yourself, from the few meetings with you,
And I look forward to many more.

Regards

Gaz Hutch
Mirfield Wado Ryu

gazhutch

Back to top Go down

O' Sensei Empty O' Sensei

Post  Ninj Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:24 am

Dear Gaz

Very nice of you to say so Smile. As I have said, the great thing I learnt from Arnie, Phil and Josh is respect.

I've seen TOO many black belts who feel their belt is a licence to bully. On courses I've seen them wandering around like some villain from an old Hong Kong movie. They prey on Kyu grades and you see them dishing out press ups and sit ups demanding respect.

Well, respect is earned, not demanded. You'll also find these 'bullies' melt into the background when other black belts appear. I have no time for them whatsoever.

I have so many true friends in the IBA that I have had the pleasure of training with over the last 27 years or so.

Yourself and Al are very lucky to have Josh as your instructor, you do him proud. I always enjoy it with the Wakefield lads (and ladies), the Huddersfield lads, the Bolton lads (Steve Costello another IBA great) and of course or sister clubs Kiveton Wado Ryu and Honto Shin headed by John Bestwick, my beloved Sensei, the late Arnie's brother.

Arnie, Phil, John Bestwick, Josh, Dave Allen, Ken Witham, Tony Baker, Steve Costello and of course the powerhouse that is Graham Ravey have all had such an influence on my life and admire them greatly.

There will be many I have missed out and for that I apologise.

With Josh at our helm - we continue to be the family we are of Martial Artists. It's what Phil would have wanted.

Get better soon Gaz and look forward to our next meeting!

Yours in Budo

Dave
Ninj
Ninj

http://www.freestyleuk.com

Back to top Go down

O' Sensei Empty Re: O' Sensei

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down